Monday, April 11, 2016

My Writing Challenges

Ever since I can remember I have been writing, even if it was just a couple of words. Trying to compose a good essay or writing assignment is difficult for a lot of reasons well  at least for me. Since I was like eight years old I have put any writing assignment off until the last minute when it's due. The challenge for me is trying to come up with a good topic or how to start a certain assignment assigned to me. Also a  big part of it is that being in different writing classes that have different rules on how to start something right. In eighth grade for example one of my teachers would say that starting a paragraph with a question makes you sound smart then I get to high school and it's the complete opposite. One of the biggest reasons why I have a challenge with writing is that it is just plain out boring to me.

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem it's difficult for me to come up with an writing assignment. writing is a challenge and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that many students/teens procrastinate a lot and sometimes don't put in their best effort into their assignments. Maybe teachers need to start giving more explanation into how the assignments should be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus, well I am glad you were honest about this topic, I don't think I saw the value of writing when I was in high school as I do now. I do know that words have meanings and even though it may not be "exciting" or may be considered "boring", the words that we express are our voice. Thank you for sharing your perspective. Skills require practice and writing is a skill that isn't very natural! Our brains must be part of the activity and attention to the detail is sometimes also a challenge when we have so many thoughts and ideas floating around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always procrastinated when it gets to essays because for me they are really hard. I also think that staying in with your English teacher and asking her about essays works because that is what i have done to better my skills in writing.

    ReplyDelete